Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A Little Culture Before Bed



Sometimes before we go to bed, the two-legged one reads to me from her cat poem book. Here's an interesting one called "This Is My Chair" by Paul Gallico:

This is my chair.
Go away and sit somewhere else.
This one is all my own.
It is the only thing in your house that I possess
And insist upon possessing.
Everthing else therein is yours.
My dish,
My toys,
My basket,
My scratching post and my ping-pong ball;
You provided them for me.
This chair I selected for myself.
I like it,
It suits me.
You have the sofa,
The stuffed chair
And the footstool.
I don't go and sit on them do I?
Then why cannot you leave me mine,
And let us have no further argument?

So far, I haven't selected a chair, but I've got my eye on a couple of them. When I figure out which the two-legged one likes best, I'll make my choice. ((o;

8 Comments:

Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

here, wherever i sit i get to stay there. it's a strange power we poodins have over the others. we look up, all big eyed and get our way. life is good.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Scooby, Shaggy & Scout said...

Edsel is right. Even if we steal the chair after they get up to get something & come back, they still well go someplace else. That's neat your mom reads to you!

4:03 PM  
Blogger PrincessMia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:52 PM  
Blogger PrincessMia said...

Miss Kitty, I love the poem, and you are so lucky that your bean reads to you. I need to tell mom about that book, it sounds so cool. You inspired me to write about my chair in my blog. Thank you!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Sheriff Jinx said...

The goodest thing about being a kitty is that you can chooses your own sitting or comfy place and then just when your human beans thinks its your favoritest place....You can change it to someplace else!

Its good to be a kitty!!

Jinky

11:06 PM  
Blogger The Whippy Curly Tails said...

Hi Miss Kitty, you pose just like us! You have such a great life. We love to look at your pictures!

The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Diva Kitty said...

I own all of the chairs, the daybed, the bed, the tables...

11:00 PM  
Anonymous EIP said...

This really made me chuckle! Certainly captures what I imagine cats are thinking!

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home